Environmental, Health and Safety Services
Fields of Competence
Regulatory Compliance (EPA/DEP and OSHA)
Environmental Site Assessments for Property Transactions
Environmental Planning, Permitting, and Reporting
Risk Management/Process Safety Management
Human Health Risk Assessment
Underground Storage Tank Closures/Removals
Soil and Groundwater Sampling
Summary of Experience
Ms. Beck has over 10 years of experience in the environmental consulting field with an emphasis in environmental assessments; soil and groundwater investigations; environmental and OSHA compliance, environmental planning and permitting services; human health risk assessments; and underground storage tank removals/closures. Ms. Beck has worked for several large national environmental consulting firms prior to starting her own consulting firm in 2005.
M.S., Engineering Management, Ohio University, 2003
B.S., Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, 1997
Graduate level coursework in risk assessment and microbiology, Ohio State University, 1999
Air & Waste Management Association
Association of Women in Science (Chapter President, 1997)
- Performed numerous Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments for due diligence purposes on a variety of different types of sites, both residential and commercial/industrial.
- Conducted a detailed subsurface site investigation at a former asphalt plant to successfully close the former underground storage tank systems at the site. Conducted soil and groundwater sampling at the site to delineate the location and depth of contamination on the property. Prepared a detailed human health risk assessment to prove that the contamination present was not a threat to human health and successfully achieved a “No Further Action Required” status with the regulatory agency.
- Managed numerous asbestos surveys for demolitions and renovations, interpreted laboratory data, and developed detailed reports for a large law firm in Columbus, Ohio.
- Conducted detailed environmental, health and safety compliance audits/evaluations at various facilities in accordance with EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Managed the Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Department for a large automotive facility.
- Conducted environmental and safety training at several large industrial and municipal facilities in the south and Midwest
- Conducted noise survey and developed hearing conservation program for a large automotive facility in the Midwest.
- Prepared detailed environmental plans such as Integrated Contingency Plans/Emergency Response Plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) Plans for numerous industrial and municipal clients.
- Served as the lead facilitator in conducting detailed process hazard analyses at various facilities and subsequently prepared integrated Risk Management Plans and Process Safety Management Programs for each facility, in accordance with Section 112(r) of the Clean Air Act.
- Performed vapor intrusion modeling to determine the concentrations of contaminants in indoor air.
- Developed safety plans and procedures, including lockout tagout, emergency action plans, bloodborne pathogen plans, hearing conservation plans, etc. in accordance with OSHA regulations for various types of facilities.
- Conducted monthly wastewater sampling and data analysis for a local packaging corporation.
- Served as lead auditor for internal ISO 14001 audits of several industrial facilities.
- Conducted indoor air quality studies and analyzed the results in order to investigate employee complaints of poor air quality at a bakery.
- Provided training and assistance to a manufacturing facility to help them obtain required air permits for a coating line and soldering operations.
- Assisted in wetland delineations, ecological surveys and the preparation of 401/404 Nationwide permits for the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Prepared air permits for fugitive dust emissions at landfills and NPDES permits for wastewater discharge at various manufacturing facilities.
OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training and current 8-hour refresher, OSHA 8-hr Supervisor Training Course
RCRA Hazardous Waste Training
Environmental Safety Consulting | Environmental Safety Consulting Services | Environmental Auditing Services Environmental Safety Training